It is really easy to set up the CytoSMART® Lux2 system. All you need are these items:
- An incubator
- The CytoSMART® Lux2 device
- A Windows 10 laptop with an USB 3.0-port
- An internet connection
Be sure to remove any wrapping before placing the CytoSMART® Lux2 inside the incubator. Also clean the device with a damp lint free cloth and IPA or EtOH (70%).
Important: Do not use acetone to clean the device and do not autoclave the device.
- Turn on the Windows 10 laptop and make sure it is connected to a power plug.
- Download the Lux2 app from https://download.cytosmart.com and install it on the laptop. This is only necessary the first time you use the device.
- In case you have purchased a laptop at CytoSMART®, the app is pre-installed.
- Check if the incubator has a cable port in the back.
- If so, place the Lux2 inside the incubator and guide the USB cable through the cable port.
- If no port is present, place the Lux2 inside the incubator and guide the cable between the door and frame of the incubator.
- After the cable is properly guided, plug in the cable in a USB-3.0 port of the laptop.
- In case you have purchased a Lux2 Duo Kit or Multi Lux, repeat steps 3 and 4 for all devices.
- Start the app by double clicking on the icon.
Important: Be careful when guiding the cable between the door and frame of the incubator. The door hinges can cause a cable breach, which is not covered by warranty.